Devon Chamber of Commerce is one of a number of business support and enterprise agencies based in the county. As the leading independent business organisation in the city we are able to offer a wide range of business support and advice to you and your business, whether you’re looking to start-up, grow or develop your business offer.
All Chamber members also have access to free telephone business support as part of their member benefits.
View current Tender opportunities here.
The business support guides below were published by Plymouth City Council which pull together a variety of support and guidance streams available to businesses.
- Business and Self-Employedinformation from Gov.uk. Read information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you’re self-employed or a sole trader.
- Setting upinformation from Gov.uk. Information and training to guide people through the process of starting up a business.
- Contracts finder. Search for information about contracts worth over £10,000 with the government and its agencies.
- National mentoring network. Access information to put your business in touch with mentoring organisations across the UK.
- National Business Support telephone helpline – 0845 600 9006
Chamber Mentoring Service
Business Support Helpline
events and training
New Incoterms® 2010: a BCC accredited training course for both experienced and new exporters
New Incoterms® 2010 This is the course for people who want a detailed and focused commercial view of the Incoterms standards. The main thrust of the course is how each...
Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit: A BCC Accredited Training Course for both experienced and new exporters
Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit (2 credits) This one day workshop covers the 5 main types of payment for exports, from advance payment to open account, including Sight...
Inward/Outward Processing: A BCC Accredited Training Course for both experienced and new exporters
Inward/Outward Processing Since the introduction of UCC in May 2016, many features of these cash-saving measures for exporters and importers have changed. This course is the accredited 'update'...