Purpose and Aim
Making the Chamber more accessible and worthwhile for local businesses and increasing our membership is a key priority for the future. The Chamber is continually striving to improve the services that it offers to its members. Our aim is to make sure that all of our members get the most out of being part of a proactive business organisation.
The Chamber's fundamental purpose is to lead the private sector, improving the business environment for Devon's economy.
We strive to:
- Provide value-added services to our members
- Promote our members’ interests, using our influence wherever appropriate, as the independent voice of local business
- Represent our members views and priorities in relation to the local economy
- Be a champion of best commercial practice
- Work in partnership with the community
- Deliver quality, thought and action
Developing your business further
events and training
New Incoterms® 2010: a BCC accredited training course for both experienced and new exporters
New Incoterms® 2010 This is the course for people who want a detailed and focused commercial view of the Incoterms standards. The main thrust of the course is how each...
Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit: A BCC Accredited Training Course for both experienced and new exporters
Methods of Payment & Letters of Credit (2 credits) This one day workshop covers the 5 main types of payment for exports, from advance payment to open account, including Sight...
Inward/Outward Processing: A BCC Accredited Training Course for both experienced and new exporters
Inward/Outward Processing Since the introduction of UCC in May 2016, many features of these cash-saving measures for exporters and importers have changed. This course is the accredited 'update'...