We are encouraging all members to adopt the Devon Chamber business charter. Our 10 point charter covers all areas of business, from professional standards to communications and environmental commitments.
The Charter says that Chamber directors and member organisations will seek to:
- Have a clearly defined aim and purpose, supported by a business plan which covers the principle objectives and activities of their business.
- Utilise local procurement systems wherever possible to support the local economy.
- Exemplify the highest standards of professional behaviour and performance.
- Understand the needs of its staff and develop their potential to the greatest extent within the constraints of commercial considerations.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, openly and promptly with staff, suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
- Have appropriate systems and procedures in place to enable stakeholders to have confidence in the integrity of decision making within the organisation.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with third-parties on the basis of mutual confidence and trust.
- Consistently abide by the terms and conditions of legal and financial agreements entered into with third parties.
- Act responsibly in respect of safeguarding all confidential information that comes into its possession.
- Embrace opportunities to innovate, grow and develop its business and its relationship with the wider community.
- Respect the natural environment and conserve resources wherever possible.
The aim of this charter is to help our members focus on how they behave as a business. Many of our members already operate along similar lines to these, but by following the Chamber Charter you can give your customers confidence, telling them that your business operates under this code.
Chamber Mentoring Service
events and training
Finish IT Tour
The world’s number 1 business expert, serial entrepreneur and best-selling author, Brad Sugars, is coming to the South West from Las Vegas for his global ‘Finish It Tour’. The evening...
Plymouth Argyle - From Bust To Boom
An Exclusive opportunity to go behind the scenes at home park and hear from James Brent how Argyle successfully managed itself out of administration and is looking to the future....
Networking Plus: with an exclusive Poppies Wave Tour
Networking Plus is Devon Chamber's premier networking event where delegates can benefit from the following: An arrival drink and delicious two course lunch in the wonderful surrounds of The...